The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Emerging Leaders Program will be offered again this year to help increase growth opportunities for small businesses. This valuable initiative provides participants with knowledge, know-how, and subject matter expertise from peers, business leaders, and the financial community. The Emerging Leaders program is available to owners and executives of existing businesses, at no cost to them.
The goal of this program is to assist business owners in growing their businesses, creating jobs, and strengthening their communities. This initiative is an intense six-month course that offers approximately 100 hours of live training, providing the opportunity for small business owners to receive face-to-face instruction; and to work with experienced professionals at no cost.
SBA’s Emerging Leaders program is successful because of its strong relationships and collaborations with community partners and business champions throughout the state of Utah. SBA appreciates the work the small business community does, and would like to invite all to refer and help identify potential candidates for this year’s Emerging Leaders cohort. In addition to providing an outstanding training opportunity for those who participate, the Emerging Leaders initiative is an opportunity for them to connect with a diverse group of small businesses owners.
• Have annual revenues of at least $250,000.
• Have been in business for at least 3 years.
• Have at least one employee other than self.
Participants must also demonstrate a high level of commitment to complete the course, and minimal absences are accepted.
How a business owner can register:
Register at: https://www.sba.gov/emergingleaders. Interested small business owners are invited to learn more about the initiative by contacting Program Manager, Ian Lorenzana, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes begin April 12, 2019 from 9:00am-12:00pm. This year, the classes will be meeting at the Weber State Farmington Station Campus, in Farmington, Utah. The Emerging Leaders classes will be held every other Friday through October.
The deadline to apply is April 5, 2019. Interviews are taking place now, so interested parties are encouraged to apply right away.
How you can help:
• Help spread the word to small businesses
• Direct prospective participants to our project manager (via email) or have them register at: http://www.sba.gov/emergingleaders
• Include this information about Emerging Leaders in your printed publication, online publication, or social media outlets
• Forward this notification to any other organizations or people who have connections to local small business owners