Did you know that the Small Business Administration has approved 459 loans year-to-date FY2018. The total for those 459 loans is $228,431,100. Small businesses in Utah are continuing to grow and prosper.
Utah's SBA office has a number of resources available to support small businesses throughout the state. Some of these resources include:
- Free counseling, advice and information on starting a business through SCORE.
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders.
- Free consulting services through the network of Small Business Development Centers. SBDCs also conduct training events throughout the district - some require a nominal registration fee.
- Assistance to businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through the Minority Enterprise Development Program.
- Women's Business Ownership Representatives are available to advise women business owners.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in international trade.
- Guaranteed loans are available for credit-worthy veterans.
For more information on services and upcoming training, go to their website.
You can also download a copy of their current resource guide here.